[KI-LC] Charter Update
mark at smartspecies.com
Wed Feb 10 17:42:00 CST 2016
Please find the new and recently (almost approved) charter for CIS.
We would like confirmation from the BOT on the SDO status of Kantara as it is a charter requirement for the SDO to be listed as an output for the specifications developed in the CISWG. If Kantara is an official SDO and as their are other efforts happening in other SDO this would have an impact on this charter.
Besides this, please accept the CISWG Charter for review and approval by the LC.
Charter 2016 <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/infosharing/Charter+2016>
Skip to end of metadata <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/infosharing/Charter+2016#page-metadata-end>
Added by Joe Andrieu <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/~joeandrieu>, last edited by Mark Lizar <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/~smarthart> on Feb 10, 2016 (view change <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/pages/diffpages.action?pageId=64389627&originalId=78447306>)
Go to start of metadata <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/infosharing/Charter+2016#page-metadata-start>
(1) WG NAME (and any acronym or abbreviation of the name): The WG name, acronym and abbreviation must not include trademarks not owned by the Organization, or content that is infringing, harmful, or inappropriate.
Consent and Information Sharing Work Group (CISWG)
(2) PURPOSE: Please provide a clear statement of purpose and justification why the proposed WG is necessary.
The individual is the optimal point of integration and control for managing personal information services. The role of this WG is to shepherd new specifications by which personal information can flow under the control of the individual, improving the relationship between demand and supply with personal data control.
(3) SCOPE: Explain the scope and definition of the planned work.
The founding Work Group participants recognize that developers are working in an ever-evolving heterogeneous environment that requires interoperability of identity services (i.e. identity- and SOA-enabled applications), and integration of policy assets both internal and external to the enterprise. In order to advance the identity-enabled marketplace - specifically application domains that rely upon information sharing, privacy, consent and trust this Work Group is chartered to:
Become and/or initiate an active public discussion forum for the collection, development, and analysis of use cases, scenarios, and specifications that improve consent-driven information sharing.
Foster awareness of and participation in open consent and sharing infrastructure from the broadest stakeholder cross-section possible, both the near-term use case phase which has taken place in this working group, the mid-term specification and practical framework build phase (where we are now), and the long-term adoption of the specifications by SSO (Standards Setting Organisations).
Develop guidance and supporting materials in order to advocate the adoption of specific standard practices, policies, and terms to increase the quality of consent practices. Ensuring these practices improve compliance and trust across legal jurisdictions for information sharing.
(4) DRAFT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: List Working Titles of draft Technical Specifications to be produced (if any), projected completion dates, and the Standards Setting Organization(s) to which they will be submitted upon approval by the Membership.
MVCR Consent Receipt: Core consent record profile for creating consent transaction receipts and records that comply with privacy regulation across jurisdictions: Projected SSO ISO - May 1st, 2016 - v.8 v.1 by end of 2016
User Submitted Terms: Common terms that can be asserted by the individual in parallel or contrast to terms of service that manage information sharing in trusted ways. Projected SSO W3C by end of 2017
Information Sharing Agreements: Building on earlier work in CISWG, standardised mechanisms (contracts) that individuals can use to enter into agreements with organisations that enable two way flows of volunteered information. SSO and target dates to be determined.
It is the intention of the Information Sharing WG to ultimately submit the specifications listed above to an appropriate Standards Settings Organization for full life-cycle maintenance. The receiving organizations will be determined on a per-specification basis.
(5) OTHER DRAFT RECOMMENDATIONS: Other Draft Recommendations and projected completion dates for submission for All Member Ballot. The CISWG is open for supporting and collaborating with organizations that have specification work or standards in this space.
(6) LEADERSHIP: Proposed WG Chair and Editor(s) (if any) subject to confirmation by a vote of the WG Participants.
Mark Lizar - (Chair- Jan, Feb, March 2016)
Mary Hodder (Chair April, May, June 2016) (Co-Editor of the Consent Receipt Specification, Editor of UST Specification)
John Wunderlich (Chair - July, August, Sept, Oct 2016)
Iain Henderson, (Chair Oct, Nov Dec )
(7) AUDIENCE: Anticipated audience or users of the work.
Developers, entrepreneurs, policy makers, developers, and deployers, both internal and external, to large organizations who manage services for individual customers.
(8) DURATION: Objective criteria for determining when the work of the WG has been completed (or a statement that the WG is intended to be a standing WG to address work that is expected to be ongoing).
The Kantara Leadership Council charters the Information Sharing Work Group for five years. It may be amended from time to time, with changes approved by the Leadership Council. This charter will expire in August 2018.
(9) IPR POLICY: The Organization approved Intellectual Property Rights Policy under which the WG will operate.
Kantara IPR Policy - Option Patent and Copyright Reciprocal Royalty Free with Opt-Out to (RAND) <https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41025689>
(10) RELATED WORK AND LIAISONS: Related work being done in other WGs or other organizations and any proposed liaison with those other WGs or organizations.
(11) CONTRIBUTIONS (optional): A list of contributions that the proposers anticipate will be made to the WG.
Use cases (from prior VPI SIG)Design documentation for personal data store and VPI sharing (Mydex)Reference deployment for personal data store and VPI sharing using ID WSF, Information Cards, XRI / OpenID (Mydex). Open Notice preliminary work and partial draft specification.
(12) PROPOSERS: Names, email addresses, and any constituent affiliations of at least the minimum set of proposers required to support forming the WG.
Iain Henderson, The Customers Voice
Joe Andrieu, SwitchBook
July 23, 2013
First complete draft for consideration by work group
July 1, 2013
Initial partial draft
Feb 2, 2016 Update of new charter approved - need iterative update on SDO - As Kantara may be new SDO for the WG
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 496 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the LC