[KI-LC] e-vote: Open-Stand.org - modern paradigm for standards
Pete.Palmer at surescripts.com
Fri Sep 7 11:50:25 EDT 2012
Pete Palmer, CISSP | Director, Information Security | Surescripts
O: 651.855.3034 | C: 612.598.4444 |pete.palmer at surescripts.com<mailto:%7Cpete.palmer at surescripts.com>
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain sensitive information, and are intended solely for the individual to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.
From: lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org [mailto:lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org] On Behalf Of Heather Flanagan
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2012 2:34 AM
To: LC at kantarainitiative.org
Subject: Re: [KI-LC] e-vote: Open-Stand.org - modern paradigm for standards
Hi all -
Just a reminder to respond with your recommendation to the BoT regarding Kantara support of the Open-Stand.org Modern Paradigm for Standards Development by CoB today. Thanks!
On 9/1/12 5:41 PM, Heather Flanagan wrote:
Hi all -
As discussed on this week's non-quorate LC call, we're conducting an e-ballot regarding whether the LC approves of public Kantara Initiative support for the Open-Stand.org Modern Paradigm for Standards Development.
LC Action: Leadership Council, please AFFIRM or REJECT public Kantara Initiative support for the Open-Stand.org Modern Paradigm for Standards Development
Please respond no later than close of business Thursday September 6, 2012.
Thank you for your time!
-------- Original Message --------
[KI-LC] Open-Stand.org - modern paradigm for standards
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 08:51:16 -0700
Joni Brennan <joni at ieee-isto.org><mailto:joni at ieee-isto.org>
trustees at kantarainitiative.org<mailto:trustees at kantarainitiative.org>, LC at kantarainitiative.org<mailto:LC at kantarainitiative.org>
Dear Trustees and LC,
I bring your attention to open-stand.org<http://open-stand.org> which summarized as a statement of principles (http://open-stand.org/principles/) of a modern paradigm for standards development.
* Due process. Decisions are made with equity and fairness among participants. No one party dominates or guides standards development. Standards processes are transparent and opportunities exist to appeal decisions. Processes for periodic standards review and updating are well defined.
* Broad consensus. Processes allow for all views to be considered and addressed, such that agreement can be found across a range of interests.
* Transparency. Standards organizations provide advance public notice of proposed standards development activities, the scope of work to be undertaken, and conditions for participation. Easily accessible records of decisions and the materials used in reaching those decisions are provided. Public comment periods are provided before final standards approval and adoption.
* Balance. Standards activities are not exclusively dominated by any particular person, company or interest group.
* Openness. Standards processes are open to all interested and informed parties.
As an agenda item I'd like to ask both the Trustees and LC to discuss the OpenStand and to consider Kantara support (http://open-stand.org/stand-with-us/) for this movement. This is not a monetary commitment but a statement of support for the principles. While Kantara Initiative is not a Standards body, organizations like Kantara, industry groups, user groups ,ect depend upon the consensus based and transparent development of open standards.
Please consider the above at each groups earliest opportunity.
Kantara Initiative | Executive Director
email: joni @ ieee-isto.org<http://ieee-isto.org>
Slideshare - Building Trusted Identity Ecosystems - It takes a village!
email: heather at kantarainitiative.org<mailto:heather at kantarainitiative.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LC